Saturday, March 27, 2021

Fantasy Dreams


                                                              Hi Crafting Friends,

My card today is made for the challenge with the Crazy 4 Challenges team- C4C577

Today is Tolkien Reading day, named after the Author J R R Tolkien, create a card using one of his books for inspiration and make sure that you add gold in some form on your card.

I am taking you back to my high school days were I first read a J R R Tolkien book. It was an English assignment, the book was the Hobbit. I have used Lavinia stamps to create my scene, with the hobbit burrow and the dragon Smaug.

I created the background using the Gel Printing Plate. Starting with the Lavinia Elements Sahara ink, I used a brayer to apply the ink to the Gel Plate. I then added droplets of Olive and  Mermaid, with a fan brush.

I then stamped the images in memento black ink and Lavinia Elements Pine. I sponged in the ground and added white highlights.


I added gold pen to the tree vines, but I had to wait until it was a sunshine day for it to show up in the photo.


Supplies
Lavinia stamps: Berry Leaves, Words of Spring, Dragon Set, Druids Inn, slender mushrooms.
Lavinia Inks : Elements- Olive, Sahara, Pine, Mermaid. Memento black ink.
Gel Press - Gel Printing Plate gold pen, white gel pen, Zig - wink of stella brush pen.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.



No comments:

Post a Comment