Sunday, August 19, 2018

Happy Birthday Pop up cake

Today I am sharing the card I made for my daughter's 30th birthday, wow where did the years go. 
That means I have been making special cards for 19 years, I have certainly a big change in the way that we create pop up cards in that time.
The first picture is of the center of the card as that is the special part, as you open the birthday cake pops up.
I have used Karen Burniston's cake pop up dies to create the cake and you can see Karen's video tutorial on this link as seeing is easier that explaining.


Here is the card completely open, the Happy Birthday die was cut one with black card and the other with glitter and off set to create a shadow. The bottom edge was felt raised designer paper, I made the cake with black gold and cream papers.


The designer paper that I have used is in the black and cream colours, some of the paper had raised felt areas, just like the piece I used for the front of the card, it is too pretty to cover up.


Thanks for stopping by.......

1 comment:

  1. that is some gorgeous dp....I wouldn't cover it up either.....love your b'day pop up cake and the lacy edging

    ReplyDelete