Thursday, September 6, 2018

Swimming by.......

Welcome to this weeks challenge with the CCEE stampers team, this month it is my turn to be hostess.
This card has been around for a lot of years but lately I have noticed some modern twists to it, so give us your version of a shadow box card.

So for my inspiration for this challenge came from a Jennifer McGuire tutorial, which I will link here.
I cut my card to size before assembling I used the  honey bee ocean borders stamp and inked it with versamark ink to give the watermark effect.


The front of my card is fairly simple as all the focus is when you open the card. The front has also been inked to look like water mark, and the oval piece is the piece that I cut out of the inside piece of the card, I just added the black mat and a few more images.


As you open the card, up pops the shadow box.


So the images I have used are from the Australian company Paper Rose, the stamps also have coordinating dies. This type of card can also be used as a base for an inside tunnel card linked here.



Here is a closer look at the inside images.





Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers have created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs.
Anne Harmon
Joanne Grzelak
Liz Williams
Lois Bak
Lynn McAuley
Frances Byrne
Vicky Gould
Kelly Santi
Maryann Einam- You are here

Thanks for stopping by....

6 comments:

  1. Fun challenge, loving your mermaid shadow box

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ocean seemed to be a big inspiration for shadow cards. This is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge, Maryann! I love your little mermaids surrounding the shadowbox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card with these adorable mermaids, Maryann! Thanks for this fabulous challenge!!

    ReplyDelete