Friday, December 22, 2023

Faceted Hexagonal Aperture card



I recently found a tutorial on how to make this card, it was a couple of years old, but I thought it would be a bit of fun.
 I used a 6" x 6" pack of designer paper to decide on the card size. Cutting a card base into a 6" x 12" size I scored at 27/8", 53/4", 85/8", 111/2" leaving an 1/2" to glue the box together. 
On the 53/4" line mark 21/4" and 33/4" from these marks measure a straight line 11/2" either side of the center line, this will be your cut lines. Turning the card on its side the same center line measure done 1/2" mark and draw a line to the corners of the cut lines this will be your score lines. You should have 2 triangles scored either side of the rectangle.
Cut out the void between the cut lines to make a rectangle.
Using the score push them into the card to make the faceted hexagon shape. Fold the card so you can use it as a template for your first foil layer and fussy cut it out, then do the same with the designer paper. 
Before you glue down the front layers, you will need a strip of acetate 1" x 5", attach this to the card base centrally over the opening. You then can attach anything to the acetate that you want to pop up, usually a sentiment. I have added a bauble sticker that I had in my stash.
Glue the 1/2" tab to the other side to make a box. The box will fold flat for postage and can be posted in a 6" x 6" envelope.



If my instructions are a bit unclear you should be able to find the tutorial following the link at 
Thanks for looking,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment