Sunday, December 24, 2023

Circle slide and Lock Gate Fold

I went a bit retro for these cards. I have had these images for some time in my stash of supplies.
I have used some embossing folders that I have had for some time. I used direct to paper technique to highlight the raised areas with gold ink. I then made a gate fold card base. 
Usually, a gate fold card is held closed with ribbon or a belly band. For this one I made a slide lock to hold the card closed.


I cut 4 circles, folding 2 in half and attaching the folded halves in the middle between the other 2 circles, this creates the lock. I the die cut the images and added them to the lock circles.


You can make the locks in other shapes or make the so that you can add shaped embellishments.




 Thanks for looking today.

No comments:

Post a Comment