Thursday, January 3, 2019

Black Ice Technique


Hi everyone and Happy New Year.

I am back today with the first challenge with the CCEE Stampers team. 2019 will be another year of fun challenges.

Liz, our hostess this month, lives in a place where winters are relatively mild, but her greatest fear is driving in icy conditions. “Black Ice” is a very hazardous condition she has heard others mention. And she discovered in the tutorials on SCS ,a technique called “Black Ice” technique in stamping. So even without much experience at the icy driving or this technique, she is challenging us to give that technique a try. 
I have never seen the black ice technique before, so I headed over to watch the tutorial. Foil card, stazon ink, and heat embossing sounded simple, but sadly my stazon ink had gone dry so I was off to buy some more before I could play.
The hardest thing about this technique was choosing what stamp set to use in the end I used some older supplies, I am not sure if they are still sold as current supplies or are retired.


Supplies:
Stamps: Petal prints - Stampin up - 2004
Mft - leaf flourish
Karen Burniston - celebrate die
hand cut fringed flower, clear embossing ink, black ink, black felt brad.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers have created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs.
Kelly Santi
Maryann Einam- You are here

Thanks for stopping by....

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful work of (he)art! Happy New Year, Maryann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, MaryAnn! And you were right -- the hardest part WAS figuring out which stamp would work with this technique. You chose well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I picked such a hard challenge. I used old stamps as well. I really think your card turned out nicely. Next time I will try it first before I pick it as a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty with your layered flower and die cut sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought choosing the stamp was the hardest part too! Well done.

    ReplyDelete