Saturday, November 3, 2018

Falling leaves

Welcome to today's card made for the weekly challenge with the team on Crazy 4 Challenges.

During the fall and spring seasons, leaves are all around us. In the fall they are falling, colorful, and becoming a carpet on the ground. In the spring, the new leaves are sprouting from the trees. Make a card in which the only images are leaves. It does not have to be in autumn colors.



I decided to use the Catherine Pooler stamp set Hello Autumn for my card today. I pull out my old
Ranger - Adirondack ink pads to create the Autumn colours in my leaves. Since it was an Autumn
themed card I wanted a bare tree so I chose the Karen Burniston dies tree pop up and the outdoor scene.

Inside the card I used nature edges to cut the stamped background and glued it in place. I then
positioned the pop-up die in two places so that I could pop up two trees. I placed another tree behind
the others, to give is a bit of a forest look. I the added some leaves that were die cut out of the stamped
card waste pieces.






For the front of my card I just made a simple layout to reflect the inside, using the same stamps and dies. Here is the side view of the pop up trees.



Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


Frances Byrne

Anja de Regt
Joanne Grzelak
Karen Aicken
Raquel Mason
Rebecca Endie
Amy Ottmers 
Kathleen Adams
Maryann Einam- You are here
November Guest Designer - Barb Anders


Thanks for stopping by....

1 comment:

  1. GMTA ... I had a feeling we would both use the same stamps for this challenge. Fabulous autumn card

    ReplyDelete