Thursday, April 26, 2018

My Country

Welcome to this week challenge with the CCEE team.

 April is National Poetry Month, and today is Poem in Your Pocket Day.  I'm asking that you create a card using a poem as your inspiration.

 For my Poem I chose My Country by Dorothea Mackellar. 

Undoubtedly it was the few lines in the  second verse that has been my inspiration for this card.

                                                 I love a sunburnt country,
                                                A land of sweeping plains,
                                                Of ragged mountain ranges,
                                                Of droughts and flooding rains



To create by background I have used distress inks. Crushed olive, carved pumpkin, rusty hinge, scattered straw, tumbled glass, shaded lilac, sponged and wiped across the card. The mountains are a mask made with Karen Burniston pop-it western edges (retired). The dies are Paper Roses -  Men sitting on fence, Ultimate crafts - Gum tree and water tank.




Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers have created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs.
Anne Harmon
Joanne Grzelak
Liz Williams
Lois Bak
Lynn McAuley
Frances Byrne
Vicky Gould
Kelly Santi
Maryann Einam- You are here

Thanks for stopping by....

6 comments:

  1. Lovely sponged bg of a blazing sunset for your silhouettes. I sure can see where those words led you. Gorgeous card, mf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad one of us chose this poem. Perfect selection of dies and awesome background

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this exquisite card, Maryann! It looks like a west Texas scene at any given sunset!! Beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You depicted your "sunburnt country" perfectly. What a pretty background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card!! Lovely background work! I know our friends Liz and Lynn will appreciate this card scene very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful sky....and those silhouettes are striking

    ReplyDelete