Saturday, November 11, 2017

Rememberance Day

Welcome to this weeks challenge with the crazies team on Crazy 4 challenges.

Karen has issued this week's challenge with some help from her team sister.
Team sister Frances Byrne helped me with the challenge wording this month:  “Lest We Forget.” In Canada and Australia, today is Remembrance Day. From Wikipedia: Remembrance Day (sometimes known informally as Poppy Day) is a memorial day observed in Commonwealth of Nations member states since the end of the First World War to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty. Following a tradition inaugurated by King George V in 1919,[1] the day is also marked by war remembrances in many non-Commonwealth countries. Remembrance Day is observed on 11 November in most countries to recall the end of hostilities of World War I on that date in 1918. Hostilities formally ended "at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month", in accordance with the armistice signed by representatives of Germany and the Entente between 5:12 and 5:20 that morning. Include Poppies on your card today, or make a card of gratitude and/or respect.


To create my card this weeks I have used several dies available from Elizabeth Craft Designs.
I continued the theme inside the card as well.



When I see poppies I am inclined to remember all the generations of people that were before me. This was especially true this year, when I saw a field of poppies right next to Stonehenge. Even though it was in early summer, they were amazing, before I had only seen a few in a garden.



Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Frances Byrne
Anja de Regt
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Karen Aicken
Raquel Mason
Rebecca Endie
Cas Counsell
Bonnie Sharp
Judy Rozema
Amber Trubiak
Amy Ottmers 
Kathleen Adams
Maryann Einam- Thats me
November Guest Designer - Kelly Booth

Thanks for stopping by....

1 comment:

  1. very popular poppy this challenge haha, love how you used it on this card :)

    ReplyDelete