Thursday, October 15, 2015

Stained Glass Butterflies

Welcome,
It is week 3 as hostess on CCEE Stampers Blog. I have challenged everyone to use acetate in some form for their project. When I thought of this project there was a technique I wanted to try, however I haven't had time to complete that card, so it is still on the to do list.
I went to a craft show last week and I wanted to use my new purchase Sakura Glaze pens.
I used Elizabeth Craft designs Butterfly Silhouette die cut a acetate piece and a overlay in black card backed with double sided adhesive to make a sticker. I then coloured in the butterflies using the glaze pens for a stained glass effect.


 I used a border punch to create strips of card to cover where I had attached the acetate to the base card. And placed a panel of designer paper inside.


Supplies
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Butterfly Silhouette, Butterfly Overlay 2, small butterfly, double sided adhesive
Sakura Glaze pens, Martha Stewart border punch, MFT Butterflies sentiment stamp, designer paper.


8 comments:

  1. Love how your butterfly is "flying" over your acetate...that was brilliant. One very pretty card, Maryann...thanks for the push to use acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those butterfly wings are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully done....I love this type of card, but often have trouble with the acetate staying attached.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What an amazing card this is, MAryann! The butterfly is gorgeous. Great job on this fun technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, you will LOVE your Sakura pens. I got some way, way back even before I was making cards, in a shop we supplied with art stuff. And I still use them. They are perfect for using on acetate with outline stickers - and you can even sprinkle a little glitter over them before the ink sets! It looks as if your own challenge was just perfect for you this week with everything falling into place and resulting in such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful, Maryann! I love your delicate and colorful acetate butterflies! What wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card. I love your "stained glass" butterflies fluttering over the acetate gap in your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm now you have me regretting I didn't buy these pens on the weekend LOL! Lots of acetate used on this card ... love it! Hope to see this close up next week if you haven't given it away already :)

    ReplyDelete