Sunday, November 9, 2014

FGM Keep it cool

The card that I am sharing with you today is the one I made in October for our monthly challenge with my friends Frances and Gai. I had a busy month and wasn't sure I could get another card made that I hadn't put onto my blog yet, but in the late hours on the night I came up with this. I wanted to use this designer paper and embellishments with ice-cream in mind but I spent along time trying to locate the stamps that I wanted and it was getting so late that I settled with this My Favorite Things pure innocence set.
The FGM Challenge ( love the name Frances came up with) we had to use the Katie Accordion die, designed by Karen Burniston for  Elizabeth craft designs.

Everything was going along really well until I had to do the joining of the panels, if you have ever watched Karen's tutorials you know about the mountain and valley folds that create this card. It was after midnight when I was finishing it and for the life of me I couldn't remember how to join it, so I ended up with a way that really shows the last panel, and that was double mountain and double valley, that way the last panel is not hidden behind the mountain.
I was going to undo it all when I discovered it but the longer I looked at the card the more I liked the result.  Here is a close up of the felt embellishments.

It may not look like any other accordion fold card but for me it works.

Maryann

No comments:

Post a Comment