Saturday, October 27, 2018

Celebrate Black Cats

Welcome to this weeks challenge with the Crazy 4 challenges team.

Today is Black Cat Day! Make a card with a cat on it or make a Halloween Card!

I don't celebrate Halloween but I still wanted to play along. So I have used black cats on my card and just used the words celebrate, which I guess can be used for any occasion. I started by heat embossing the black cats and sentiment ( stamps from a cheap clear stamp set, that I have had for ages) I then used masks and distress oxide inks wild honey, ripe persimmon, broken china and seedless preserves to create the background. I spritz on water to activate the ink, then buffed the cats to remove any excess ink.






I carried on the same background colour scheme for the inside. I have used Karen Burniston's Iron fence pop-up die. Now this is the first time I have used this die although now it is discontinued,  but maybe some day it will be released as Karen has released some of her older die sets. I must say I did have to watch the utube video on how to construct the fence, but I found it fairly easy.



The right side of the fence pops up when you open and close the card. It is pretty cool.

Supplies
Karen Burniston Iron fence pop up
Distress oxide inks, wild honey, ripe persimmon, broken china, seedless preserves
 black embossing powder
 versamark ink
 Elizabeth Craft Designs stitched rectangles.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


Frances Byrne

Anja de Regt
Joanne Grzelak
Karen Aicken
Raquel Mason
Rebecca Endie
Amy Ottmers 
Kathleen Adams
Maryann Einam- You are here
October Guest Designer - Joseph Nguyen

Thanks for stopping by....

1 comment:

  1. fabulous card, love the black cats on the front and of course the iron fence on the inside

    ReplyDelete