Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bringing gifts

It is a cold and cloudy day today and feeling every inch a winters day. A perfect day to make a winter card. This is my first Christmas card for this year,( I usually make my cards at the last minute and very clean and simple), even though it is hot here at Christmas time snowflakes are still a great decoration to use. I have combined Mojo Monday mojo205 and Paper Pretties PPMC05 Challenges. I stamped my image with black brillance ink and coloured it with copics, I am getting the hang of colouring with these pens. I then used the nestabilites oval die and sponged the edges. I wanted to add some pleated ribbon but it wouldn't stay down with just tape so out came the sewing machine. I can tell I had to dust off the cobwebs as I have not used it for years, but it worked perfectly. I love chocolate and blue colour theme and would never have thought to use it in a Christmas card, I usually stick with more traditional colours.
Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Pretties
Paper: 3 bugs in a rug, white,brown and blue card
Other: Martha stewart punches, nestabilities, cuttlebug snowflake die, brad, sewing machine, copics, sponge, ribbon.

Hugs
Maryann

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous and love the sweet cute image.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete