Thursday, April 23, 2015

CCEE1517 - Hug an Australian Day

It is Challenge time with my friends on CCEE Stampers and this is the Challenge hostess Frances gave us.
Apparently the 26th April is Hug an Australian Day who knew and I am Australian LOL.  If you don't know any Aussies close by you can hug me, we might need to rely on virtual hugs haha! {{{{hugs}}}}. For our challenge this week use a cute critter that you think would be huggable … Bonus points if you use an animal native to Australia.

Now being Australian my self of course I have a few Aussie animal stamps, but I really like these two from La la Land Crafts.
I created a pop up card using the Lorna Label die and I made a Eucalyptus Gum tree with the all seasons die and the curvy leaves die was trimmed to look more like the Eucalyptus leaf.

 


 Here is a close up of Kangaroo Marci and Koala Luka. Because Marci was attached to the front pop up part and she was rather tall I added a piece of card folded into a square behind her as a hinge for more stability, it moves with Marci as you close the card.



 On the front I placed another Gum tree and some mountains for a outback scenery feeling.

Supplies
Stamps-    La la Land Crafts
Dies: Elizabeth Craft Designs, Lorna Label, All seasons tree, curvy leaves, Katie Label, Beach edges

I hope you like my card.
If you would like to play don't forget to go over to CCEE Stampers blog and see what the other have made and add your card.

Maryann

7 comments:

  1. I forgot those two stamps included animals with them. Loving your Aussie themed pop up card. {{{{HUGS}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your adorable pop up with your Aussie friends. Good job! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your delightful card wins "Best of Show" in my book today, Maryann! What a remarkable and fun Australian pop-up design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Aussies -- all four of them! And that DP was perfect!!! Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure have some sweet huggable Australians, Maryann. I think the front is brilliant, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT CUTE LITTLE GALS WITH THEIR ANIMAL FRIENDS! i LOVE THE FRONT WITH THE GUM TREE TOO! nICE GREENS. lOTSA FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. talk about a perfect pair for this challenge....they are just ADORABLE....fun, fun, fun

    ReplyDelete