Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Memories from the past

I am still recovering from surgery, although I am slowly getting better I haven't been able to get any new cards made. I have managed some time at the computer tiding up some files, I came across this card that I created several years ago. Let see if I can remember how I made it as it was created well before I kept any record other than photos and I certainly didn't have a blog.
If you have been stamping for some time you will remember when the photo stamps were all the rage plus that fact just about every card had threads or fibres on it.
Ok to start with the background, we didn't use designer paper then it was all hand created. I started with stamping the seashells with embossing ink on white card and clear embossed them. Then added colours with ink and a shaving brush. Then added the black text, polishing the card with a tissue as I went. The three beauties were stamped on cream card with adirondack raisen ink, the images were then traced from a shipping tag cut out and matted ( no dies or  die cutting machine for us) The fibres were then added before attaching them to the card with dimensional tape. I then added dimensional magic around the tags and added shell beads and micro beads. The stamps are unmounted rubber a large set called bathing beauties but I can't at this time remember the company.
Thanks for looking
Maryann
Admendment: Oh I just recieved an email from a friend, the stamp set is from Oxford Impressions Bathing Beauties, it doesn't look like they have this set anymore but the still have lots of nice sets.
I knew I should have called a friend, they always have the right answers thanks Gai.

No comments:

Post a Comment