Sunday, September 19, 2010

Christening bunnies

Some stamping time at last, I left this rather late, I needed a christening card for my great nephews for this morning, I sat up until midnight making it last night. I knew the christening was happening but didn't have a religious stamp, especially one for babies or for that matter twin boys so I kept putting it off.
I just knew I wanted two of something and I thought of the zig zag card that I had seen on StampOwls blog and when I saw this sketch from Taylored Expressions I thought it would be perfect.
I had this cute Peter Rabbit set from Beatrix Potter that I purchased from spotlight earlier this year. Since I needed two rabbits I stamped one, masked it and then stamped another one overlapping the first. I coloured one bunny in green and the other in blue, the boys are identical and my niece like to use these colours to keep them separate. I didn't have a religious embossing folder so I chose the star one, well they are up in heaven..
I also wanted to try ribbon pleating it was quite fun and easy to do, so you may see a few of my cards done with this ribbon. I also like the way this design is able to stand up for displaying.
Supplies:
Stamps: Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
Paper: White and blue card
Other: cuttlebug embossing folder,ribbon, copics, nestabilities oval and oval scallop
TFLMaryann

No comments:

Post a Comment